what security software???

£$£$£$ 14:41 02 Jun 04

ive recently ordered a new computer and i am waiting for it to arrive.
ive been wondering what firewall and anti virus software to us.
1.Mcafee
2.Norton
3.Panda
ive been told that mcafee is about the best but its going to cost £50 which is not a problem if thats the best way to go. i know norton will cost around the same, but ive been told by a few people that it aint as good as mcafee.
ive got a copy of panda platinum firewall with either 30 days or 3 months of anti virus updates so thats the cheap option.but id rather have the best protection then save a few £'s.
also ive got a friend that norton will that programme work ok on my pc.

Gaz 25 14:47 02 Jun 04

Its questionable to which is the best antivirus....

I use panda platinum, and its detected any nasties automatically, updates itself daily and automatically.

Works well!

Fruit Bat 15:03 02 Jun 04

click here for free software antivirus spycheckers stopupblocker etc.

pj123 15:07 02 Jun 04

Why not try the free ones for a bit and see how they go. I use AVG antivirus from click here and also Outpost Firewall free from (sorry I forgot the website, but someone else will surely tell you). Zonealarm is another good free firewall. There is also Adaware and Spybot to consider, and Spywareblaster also free.

alan227 15:40 02 Jun 04

click here
I have used AVG antivirus and ZA firewall for over a year now with no problems.
The link is to the free version of Zone Alarm

Gaz 25 15:43 02 Jun 04

click here is good and its free. Its only a firewall though, you need antivirus aswell.

Belatucadrus 15:55 02 Jun 04
  GANDALF <|:-)> 21:10 02 Jun 04

There is no reason to pay for a firewall or an AV. AVG has served myself and a mailing list of over 70 people well, so any of the myriad of tests (all giving varying results) can shove it ;-))) Your chances of getting hacked are virtually nil so any free firewall will do.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…