What is satserv and why have I got it?

A&D 21:18 13 Apr 06

My Nortons Firewall has started to report that a program called satserv is trying to access the web and recommends that this should be blocked. I have blocked it but what is satserv and how has it suddenly appeared on my PC?

VoG II 21:27 13 Apr 06
  Jackcoms 21:28 13 Apr 06

Is this the answer?? click here=

Jackcoms 21:28 13 Apr 06

A&D 10:22 14 Apr 06

Thanks for the links but I have already looked at the results from Google search. My problem is that I don't understand how the results apply to me. I am a single home user with a Sony notebook connected to the internet via a Belkin router linked into a cable modem to ntl. These messages only started about 3 days ago. Is it something I should block or allow? Does anyone know?

Jackcoms 11:35 14 Apr 06

"These messages only started about 3 days ago"

If you're unhappy and/or not sure about it, try a system restore to, say, 4 days ago.

This may get rid of it.

A&D 20:18 14 Apr 06

Thanks for the suggestion Jackcoms, I will have to think what else I have done in the past 3 days. This may give me a clue anyway. I am about to ditch Norton Internet Security for BitDefender Pro + so I might just wait for that first. Thanks for your trouble and Happy Easter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…