What Sat Nav?

ADAM-189137 22:04 30 Oct 07

With 180 pounds to spend... What sat nav system should I buy or avoid?

eedcam 22:30 30 Oct 07

click here. Then read through the pros and cons

woodchip 22:35 30 Oct 07

Have a look your self click here

Graham. 23:37 30 Oct 07

You have to decide if this is necessary to your life, or if you want one because everybody has one and you want to see what you are missing.

If you don't really need one, don't bother. Get a map. Otherwise, you will soon get bored with it.

Even the best are a nightmare to set up a journey. The live traffic interface is a joke.

Far better is a system (no link at the moment) where you pass your destination to an operator (hands free) and they do it for you by way of voice instructions.

pac73 04:17 31 Oct 07

What about this...click here

GBL 20:05 31 Oct 07

Personally I went for the Tom Tom One and put Speed cameras on it, they now come preinstalled. I like the voice reminder that they are about etc. But you must choose the best one for you. I keep mine at my side and only have the voice commands, but fiond it great to get addresses from post codes.

Bagsey 20:33 31 Oct 07

There are many makes of Sat Nav but basically there are only 2 map suppliers, Telemaps and Nav Tech. So you decide which you are going for. I personally have been using Tele maps on a very early TOM TOM GO now called the classic. I have had minor problems with one way streets with mine but my brother had a major problem with his Navman using Navtech maps on the continent. All this said whatever you get make sure that it has the full 7 figure post codes and it will always get you to your destination, even if you do get told to TURN ARROUND WHEN POSIBLE now and then to get there. Keep the voice commands turned on and the machine out of your direct line of vision so that you are not distracted by wanting to watch the maps moving. Good luck with your choice and enjoy.

woodchip 23:34 31 Oct 07

I have a Acer n35 PDA Windows Mobil and Destinator Maps. But use TomTom on it at the moment as it as cameras on it

GBL 09:33 01 Nov 07

click here.

This is the site I use for info and well worth looking at it may help you make a choice.

keef66 10:13 01 Nov 07

TomTom One. Best £150 I ever spent. Use it at weekends to navigate to new away grounds for son's football. I locate them on Google earth, enter the coordinates into the TomTom and save as a favourite, then come Sunday morning I just click Navigate to....

Speed camera database from pocket GPS world for a couple of quid.

TomTom One version 3 is the latest

I recommend Navman F20 not a problem simply use your PC to update your maps with their software supplied accessories add a little to the basic cost but well within you spend

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…