What router

brybob 30 May 11

Hi Guys,l need to get me a router, l have virgin Broadband connected to my laptop, l bought a cheep belkin router fron pc world and then had trouble getting it to connect, l then in a attempt to get it working came across a write up on the very router l bought. and binned it So guys advice on what to buy that wont overheat after couple of months. Thankyou

chub_tor 30 May 11

I have personally owned one Belkin, two Netgears and a Sitecom. Never had any trouble with any of them. I liked the Belking because it was small, the Netgear because I could stand it vertically and the Sitecom because it was N compatible and I got it on sale. The Netgear Set Up was probably the easiest, the Sitecom had the greates Wireless range.

PCAdvisor gave their top pick as the TP-Link W8950ND Click Here

brybob 30 May 11

Thahks for that, But what does N computable mean.

chub_tor 30 May 11

click here the N suffix indicates that this is the latest and fastest specification for a wireless connection. Both the router and the computer (or USB wireless adaptor) need to be to this standard to get the fastest available wireless connection.

Strawballs 02 Jun 11

I have a Linksys WRT 54g connected to my Virgin connection that is about 6yrs old and still going strong

tenshin5426 04 Jun 11

for an basic home user you cannot beat netgear routers they are very reliable, have good technical support and above all very very easy to set up!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message