What is the "recylcler" folder?

princesplaff 22:33 14 Feb 04

I ran an AVG virus check, and noticed it was looking through a folder with the path C:\RECYCLERThere were about 10,000 jpg files in it, all with the prefix dsc(num).jpg yet any attempt to find this folder or any dsc*.jpg files proved fruitless.
I have all my system files showing, and my recycle bin did not have any files with that prefix.
Where are these files, and how can I view them?

Valvegrid 23:03 14 Feb 04

Do you use a Nikon digital camera? If you do that is the file structure DSC#####.jpg refers to.

click here

I'm not sure how to unlock the folder though, one of the other peeps may be able to help.

Paul.

princesplaff 23:13 14 Feb 04

Yes, I have a Fuji finepix, but there's no way I have loaded 10,000 pictures, besides, fuji uses dscf, and these were dsc.

woodchip 23:17 14 Feb 04

Look in the software in explorer that you use to edit look at download to. To find the files, or Make a note of one of the file Names and number and look in find files for the file

VoG II 23:26 14 Feb 04

Using NTFS perchance click here

princesplaff 00:30 15 Feb 04

Thanks, done that already. I think, however, that I have sorted it out. I hadn't unhid all the system files, and it was on F: not C:

Thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…