What RAM have I got in my computer

Mike 17:25 15 Apr 05

Hi, I am trying to discover what ram is in my machine. I have been to the Crucial site and downloaded all the programs to list all the bits in my machine but they have not given me any details of the type of ram all I know is there is 256MBytes (single bank). If I get into the computer is there a way of knowing when I look at the phyical RAM.

I hope someone can shed some light on the problem
Thanks, Mike

stalion 17:28 15 Apr 05

this will tell you everything in your pc
click here

Elyse 17:32 15 Apr 05

This is a very useful link (which i have just forwareded to all of my IT literate friends). Thanks -- you've actually just answered some questions that i've had about my personal system for sometime now.

pj123 17:39 15 Apr 05

Even Belarc doesn't tell you what memory you have only how much. The only other way is (as you say) open the case and take the memory out and read what it says. Most memory these days is labelled. Like "PC100 SDRAM", "PC133 SDRAM", DDR etc... They also have different cut-outs and will only fit the right slot.

wee eddie 17:53 15 Apr 05

Why do you need to know?

We may be able to help if we knew the reason.

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 18:01 15 Apr 05

sisoft sandra Does tell you if its PC100 SDRAM", "PC133 SDRAM", DDR etc...

Mike 16:01 18 Apr 05

wee eddie.
I need to know so as to buy the right RAM to upgrade. Thanks for everybodies thoughts.

wee eddie 18:21 18 Apr 05

Just run their software while you are on line, and you will get everything you need.

Just press the button to buy!

Their prices are as good as it gets.

Mike 08:28 19 Apr 05

Hi wee eddie,
tried that, but they need to know the make of computer, but it was built locally and therefore has no manufacturers name. Hence why I am trying to find out some other way to identify the components in my computer.

Thanks for reply

dan11 08:51 19 Apr 05

Download the free programme, everest home. click here

This will give you the make, the speed , the serial number and even the manufactured date. click here

TomJerry 08:54 19 Apr 05

it is a very small program click here

no installation need, just unpack and run

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…