What Ram?

I am upgrading my ram and have used click here. It has told me I have 2 banks of 256mb ddr pc2100 and my maximum capacity is 2048mb. But what pin do I get etc and does that mean I can buy 2 1GB ddr sticks?

MAT ALAN 19:52 02 Oct 08

the link tells you exactly what memory modules you can put in your PC, scan again with the upgrade advisor tool and read the info....

I have done that and it has only returned the results I have said.

martjc 19:57 02 Oct 08

...of course you can have two 1MB sticks! Trust Crucial. They VERY seldom get it wrong - I've given them some outlandish challenges and they've always come through.

Even if they can't help you and they're memory does not work for you, you get your money back.

'...what pin do I get...?' Crucial will give you the correct type of memory if you have used their scan system. You don't have to worry about it!

But I do not wish to purchase from them. I just need to know what spec, pin etc I should get.

martjc 20:02 02 Oct 08

...then check your motherboard manual. The info will be there. If you don't have one, work ou which board you have and visit the makers' site for info.

I have gone on HPs website and it doesn't tell me what pin it is. All it tells me is basically what I said already.

csqwared 20:15 02 Oct 08

Could you post details of your mobo - might be a bit more help.

MAT ALAN 20:16 02 Oct 08

# Module Size: 1GB
# Package: 184-pin DIMM
# Feature: DDR PC2700
# Specs: DDR PC2700 • CL=2.5 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR333 • 2.5V • 128Meg x 64 •

click on the "more details" link when you have scanned your PC you will get the info you need "as above"....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…