What ram?

triflesterms 09:19 18 Oct 05

Hi

Im looking to upgrade my pc with 2 sticks of 512mbram, but im a bit confused what the differences are between different types of ram, also could anyone reccomend which type & make is the most efficient & where to buy from.
I cant buy online so it would have to be from a shop in the uk.

Thanx
Steve

alan227 09:24 18 Oct 05

go to this link and it will tell you which memory is compatable with your motherboard, so when you go shopping for your memory you will now exactly what to ask for.

click here

triflesterms 09:30 18 Oct 05

I dont know what my motherboard is?
Any ideas how i can find out?

Thanx
Steve

MAJ 09:32 18 Oct 05

Download install and run Everest Home Edition click here it will let you know the make and model of all your hardware, triflesterms.

DieSse 09:35 18 Oct 05

"Everest Home Edition"

And it will tell you very full details about the RAM you have now.

wee eddie 09:39 18 Oct 05

Did you try the link to Crucial.

Unless the PC you use has been made locally, which won't be covered, they have the details of almost all models and manufacturers.

If the reason that you can't buy on line is caused by the lack of a Credit Card. There should not be a problem as most sites have alternative payment methods available.

triflesterms 09:40 18 Oct 05

I cant download to my pc as im not online, im using a library computer at the moment.

vinnyT 11:19 18 Oct 05

Everest home edition was/is on the Oct 2005 (issue 123) cover disk of PCAdvisor.

If you haven't got it (why not?), mail me using the yellow envelope, and I'll snail mail you a cd with Everest home edition on it.

Hope this helps.

vinnyT 11:52 18 Oct 05

Ps. include your name and address, should you email me.

MAJ 12:29 18 Oct 05

Take the side off your case and look for the model of MB, it should be printed somewhere on the MB. Otherwise, as wee eddie has said, put the make and model of your computer into Crucial's "Memory Selector". click here

triflesterms 09:22 20 Oct 05

Hi ive looked on my mb and the only thing i could find is - canada ices 003, & rev 7.1A
all the other numbers were really small & was refering to different parts on mb, sorry vinny t i dont give out home address,i want to sort another way.
I tried the link to cruical, i even done a search using the above number above, with no results.
Do them numbers make sense to anyone?
The reason i cant buy online is because i dont have a credit card.

Thanx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now