What is 'Quick share', and where did it come from?

mattjs360 21:47 PM 18 Feb 13

Hi all,

booted up tonight and opened IE9, only to be taken to a page thanking me for installing 'Quick share', also my homepage and default search engine had both been changed to something called 'search.snap.do', at no point has my pc asked for permission to install this or to change settings.

Can anyone shed any light on this.

Only recent activity has been updates to flash and an update to avg files, could there be any link to this?

Thanks for any response

northumbria61 22:24 PM 18 Feb 13

Most likely come from installing your update to 'flash' - you need to look out for these things in the 'small print' and untick whilst installing. Do a system restore or uninstall via normal route.

northumbria61 22:29 PM 18 Feb 13

Removal - see here enter link description here

Chronos the 2nd 09:29 AM 19 Feb 13

Please do not assume that just because a a particular site as bit of online software flags as 'bad' that this is necessarily so. I have Avast webrep and it does not flag this site as dodgy.

Looking at reviews on Anvisoft I cannot find anything that would warrant there forums being tagged by WOT as 'bad'.

So use northumbria61 link, as I cannot see there being any problem in this site whatsoever.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know