what is Pwdump

hbsteve 15:09 30 Apr 08

I have been running AVG free and SPYBOT search & destroy for some time now &everything seems fine.
then was offered free norton scan which claims i have two high risk problems named Pwdump.I have googled this but all results are too high tech for me to understand.can anybody explain in plain english. Are these serious threats? At the moment i cant afford full norton to fix and anyway when i had norton when the computer was new it seemed to take over and slow the machine down. thanx for any help

birdface 15:22 30 Apr 08

When deleting Norton did you use the removal tool.if not you will still have a lot of Norton folders still in your computer.click here Avg and Spybot if that is all the security programs that you have installed you could do with another Anti-Spyware Program.I use A Squared but there are lots of good freebies.Superantispyware or AVG.Maybe worth downloading and running one of those.And make sure that you have got rid of Norton first.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:19 30 Apr 08

click here

according to symtec(Norton) tis high risk.

MacAfee says its not click here

If you have used a program (RockXP) to find your XP serial number, this is what is coming up in Norton and is nothing to worry about.

hbsteve 22:32 30 Apr 08

actualy ive just realised it was my last computer that had norton,so this is not an issue. this one had eTrust EZ antivirus, deleted six months ago and replaced with avg. I have not tried to find XP serial no. so i still dont understand why Pwdump is there, has someone else put it there to access my passwords/serial nos? Will try another antispyware when have time. dont have much time to do this stuff.thanks so far guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…