What protection

macroz 10:11 29 Sep 04

I am a newbie, and I have got Noadware,SpywareBlaster,Spybot, Avast, and ZoneAlarm. is this good enough please?

JonnyTub 10:13 29 Sep 04

yes it is, just make sure you keep these updated and visit the windows update site reuguarly.

muscic lover 10:16 29 Sep 04

Good enough, BUT......

Do you have a Firewall and Anti virus software??? And if you do, USE IT and update the antivirus software regularly (at least WEEKLY ). It is best in my opinion to pay for antivirus protection... I use Norton antivirus and have never been hurt by a virus.

Happy computing, and welcome to the home of a lot of people with so much knowledge it hurts!

JonnyTub 10:20 29 Sep 04

hi there, macroz does have the above mentioned in the form of zonealarm firewall and avast antivirus.

Belatucadrus 12:05 29 Sep 04

Good coverage, shouldn't have any problems with that lot.

Don't forget to set the screen saver to 'avast anti virus', lets avast scan the PC while it's idle .

macroz 12:52 29 Sep 04

Thanks very much thats answered my question.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:56 29 Sep 04

Noadware? Isn't that one of these fake antispyware progrs that run thier on spyware?

swapper 22:11 30 Sep 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…