What is this programme?

Hetti 11:48 12 Aug 05

Zone alarm has just asked me if I want to allow spoolsv to acsess the internet as it has has changed since it last acsessed the net.
I do not know what the application is the full name is Spooler SubSystem App.Is it safe to allow this acsess?

Diodorus Siculus 12:15 12 Aug 05

spoolsv - spoolsv.exe - Process Information
"spoolsv - spoolsv.exe - Process Information

Process File: spoolsv or spoolsv.exe
Process Name: Microsoft Printer Spooler Service

Description:
spoolsv.exe is a Microsoft Windows system executable which handles the printing process to your local printers.

Note: spoolsv.exe is also a process which is registered as the Backdoor.Ciadoor.B Trojan. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. It is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately. Please see additional details regarding this process"
click here

Hetti 12:32 12 Aug 05

Diodorus Siculus

Thanks for the prompt reply,

Im still not sure if I should leave it as I have done (denied acsess) to see how things go, or if it is something I need for my printer.

bretsky 12:46 12 Aug 05

I have Win PX home sp1, and have just looked in the task manager under processes tab and this spoolsv.exe in there, BUT NOT in my Zone Alarm programs listings and has never prompt me for this app!

bretsky ;0)

ACOLYTE 14:38 12 Aug 05

If you have a lan network and share a printer then you may need this to be allowed for printer sharing.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:46 12 Aug 05

The fact that it has changed is cause for suspicion deny access

Hetti 19:37 12 Aug 05

Thanks all
I will do as you say Fruit Bat/////

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…