What program creates these files?

Cessna 17:15 18 Oct 03

whenever i have logged on recently, norton firewall flags up either of two programs trying to access the internet. they are labelled Uva1 and Nmi1. they are tucked away in the Temp folder of my Local Settings file in Documents and Settings. They both have a symbol like a blue ball with a silver swirl across it. Properties tell me it is an application, but I dont know for what. I block its access attempt and delete them from the above folder. However as soon as i log on the next time they are back and trying to access the internet again. Ad Aware doesnt identify them, norton virus scan doesnt identify them, internet cleanup doesnt identify them. I just cant find out what they are or how to get rid of them. Any one know?

Diemmess 18:05 18 Oct 03

If none of your defences own up to this, and you are feeling brave then search and destroy refernces to them in the registry. OK maybe one at a time, but the gamble is that they serve no useful purpose however you acquired them.

Google offered me UVA1 - about UV light, and Nmi1 - benzine circulation in cylinders!

recap 18:24 18 Oct 03

If like you say they are in your `Temp folder` then you can safely remove them.

Cessna 19:25 18 Oct 03

i can remove them, but they reappear the next time i turn the pc on. i would like to zap them permanently.

wee eddie 19:46 18 Oct 03

M$ Office XP Pro running? Uva1 appeard integrated to that.

NMI software is helping to remove traditional obstacles that hinder effective multi-institutional teamwork. For example, every university ...

Try Google Nmi1 +software

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…