What processor socket does my pc have?

Anti_Virus 20:14 19 Jun 07

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my processor, but how do I find out which processor is compatible with my pc/motherboard? When I look at processors it's giving me a socket number as one of the specs. So how do I find out if it's compatible with my system? Any websites available?

Download and install this click here then post the make, model etc of your mobo.

jay.p 20:21 19 Jun 07

you should have a motherboard manual that came with your pc that will tell you all you need to know.
or click on start > run,then type dxdiag and click ok. system model will be your motherboard and your processor will be there too. once you have your motherboard info you can find out the max cpu it will take.

Technotiger 21:15 19 Jun 07

Download and run SIW click here

Then click on CPU in left-hand column, this will tell you absolutely everything you about your CPU, and a whole lot more, including all your Passwords, Software Keys etc ..... The only thing it won't tell you is the Power of you PSU.

Strawballs 22:21 19 Jun 07

Bookmarked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…