What processor do I have?

JAC828 14:05 04 Jan 03
  JAC828 14:05 04 Jan 03

Wonder if anyone can help me.

I have a new PC from Carrera. I ordered an AMD XP2600+. When it arrived I booted up and checked the specs against those that I ordered. System information stated that I had a AMD XP 2000+ running at 1666 mhz. I contacted Carrera to tell them they had sent me th wrong processor. They replied that it was the right processor but they had set the BIOS incorrectly.

I followed their instructions to amend the processor speed and rebooted. After some tinkering with the memory speed I eventually got the OC to run and system info says that I now have a AMD 2600+ running at 2083 mhz. However, the PC has hung several times in a way that appears to point to the processor overheating which leads me to suspect that I they have simply got me to overclock the processor.

And so to my question. Is there a definitive way of knowing what processor I have without having to physically take the fan and heatsink off and inspect it? Any help would be much appreciated.

Jason

alilee2002 14:10 04 Jan 03

Tricky one. What motherboard have u got because some motherboards can't handle the fast AthlonXP 2600.

Ali

spikeychris 14:13 04 Jan 03

click here and download the tiny app. It will run in your browser and give you the information you require.

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…