what processor is better AMD or Intel 4

casper69 07:48 11 Nov 05

Im looking to upgrade my processor to about a 3.0GHz or above for gaming, watching movies and using movie editor software but i dont know which is better AMD or Intel and also which processor on the market would be best to get?

Diodorus Siculus 08:10 11 Nov 05

Depends on how much you want to spend and what motherboard you have now.

A new processor will entail a new mobo and likely new RAM; new mobos may well mean a new grapics card and even new PCIexpress cards.

Generally speaking, one of the new dual core will be the most future proof, insofar as that is a reality. Give some more details of what you have and more help will be forthcoming.

Diodorus Siculus 08:10 11 Nov 05

Meant a new processor _may_ entail a new mobo.

Diodorus Siculus 08:12 11 Nov 05

click here suggests AMD for gaming.

Others suggest Intel for multimedia...

casper69 14:00 11 Nov 05

Im looking to build a whole new computer really so replacing motherboard,ram everything but with the processor im looking to spend up to £250,
someone told me to buy a whole new pc as it would be much cheaper

thanks

ACOLYTE 14:34 11 Nov 05

If you go OEM and none branded you may be able to
make a whole pc for £250,if you want branded and top notch stuff then add another
£150/£200 to that.

woodchip 15:04 11 Nov 05

For Me AMD. But P4 is better for Movie Editing

costlyspy 15:16 11 Nov 05

I've always thought that AMD were better for gaming and Intel for more office applications.

freaky 15:38 11 Nov 05

The difference between AMD or Intel, for the average user would not be noticeable apart from the price!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…