What precautions need I take?

newearwax 22:47 12 Jun 06

I have bought a DVD reser writer to replace my CDRW DVD Rom Combo. I was told it is a simple in and out op but wonder what prexautions I should take aprt from disconnecting the computer from the mains supply. Advice appreciated.

woodchip 22:49 12 Jun 06

Just make sure the Jumper on the back edge of the drive it set to the same setting as the one you take out

newearwax 23:06 12 Jun 06

Thanks for that.

I have in my mind that there can be residual or static electricity in the computer box that can give a nasty jolt or do other damage. Is that so and how can I avoid? Would powering off for a considerable time bfore opening up be ggod but how long?

woodchip 23:09 12 Jun 06

No just touch the metal case this will discharge you and keep your fingers of Electrical contacts

Strawballs 00:19 13 Jun 06

Do as woodchip has recomended and swap all the leads incl the one to the sound card (or onboard connection) and you should have no trouble

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…