What is power control [2014/12/04 09:24:00] in the Device Manager?

Quincinatorx 20:36 22 Jan 15

I have been having a problem with my custom built computer slowing down and becoming unresponsive lately and Tune up utilities points me to the power control [2014/12/04 09:24:00] within the Device Manager, when I find it, it has a small yellow triangle with a '!' in it. Does anybody know what this device is? Is this a physical device that is failing or is it software based? If it is physical, where is if found? Is it part of the motherboard, power supply, RAM, graphics card? If I knew where it was, I could replace the component rather than having to buy a whole new system if it is a fatal failure.

Any help/advice would be appreciated as I have run out of people to ask (All my friends are scratching their heads too)

northumbria61 12:57 23 Jan 15

If you take a READ HERE it may relate to your problem. It could be a program or driver that you had installed and have uninstalled which hasn't completely been removed rather than a component.

Quincinatorx 13:43 23 Jan 15

Thanks for your reply northumbria61. The post that you link to is in reference to a Cyberlink program, I do recall installing Cyberlink powerDVD demo around the time the problem started so this may well be the cause of the problem. I shall try the steps outlined in the post and see if that works :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009