What is this plug called please?

  edenworkshops 17:42 23 Dec 14


I have an old PC and keyboard, the keyboard needs replacing. It has a pale purple multipin plug.

Can anyone tell me what this type of plug is called.

Thank you


  onthelimit1 17:56 23 Dec 14

A picture would help, unless you're talking about a parallel port like this

  onthelimit1 17:57 23 Dec 14

P.S. Could you not use a USB one?

  Secret-Squirrel 18:01 23 Dec 14

"Can anyone tell me what this type of plug is called."

The plug is called PS/2.

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:03 23 Dec 14

That's a PS2 plug, purple for keyboardand green for mouse.

These sorts of keyboard are still readily avaiable and quite cheap from the likes of Tesco Asda. if you have a spare USB prot you can but a usb keyboard or even a wireles one that the wireless adaptor plugs into a USB port.

  rdave13 18:54 23 Dec 14

Always have a spare PS/2 keyboard if you run a Desktop with the connection. Saved the day a few times when a USB keyboard is disabled on boot-up.

  onthelimit1 20:13 23 Dec 14

DOH. Should have realised that it was that simple! Too much Christmas Shiraz!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos