What PC Case Screws Do I need?

RobCharles1981 19:40 30 Dec 05

I need too replace the Case screws for My Evesham Comp, I brought some 32 x 0.25 Phillips Screws from Maplin and they don't fit my case what ones do I need ?

ade.h 19:44 30 Dec 05

They are usually standard, so case screws from any local supplier - if you have one within reach - should work fine. I can't be sure what size they are though - never had any that didn't fit.

woodchip 19:46 30 Dec 05

they are a course thread like what holds the graphics card and PCI cards in

RobCharles1981 19:47 30 Dec 05

Well the ones I brought from Maplin don't fit! Tut Tut Computers these days.......

woodchip 19:47 30 Dec 05

Take one of the fitted ones out and take it with you

RobCharles1981 19:49 30 Dec 05

I had done still don't bloody fit the buggers

007al 19:52 30 Dec 05

These are easy to use click here
Or if you keep losing them click here

RobCharles1981 19:56 30 Dec 05

I have the same phillips screws on the other side pannel of my case but on the main side they must be a different fit

Totally-braindead 21:32 30 Dec 05

If you want and email me by clicking on the envelope next to my name I'll send you a selection of case screws. If you take the screws from the other side and they just whirl round its because they've been overtightened and have stripped the threads. The other solution is to drill a couple of new holes being sure to get rid of any iron fileings that fall in the case because if they land on the motherboard they could cause a short and destroy the motherboard. Email me, I'll send you a selection, god knows there enough of them lying about so I can spare them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…