What pc to buy??? please help

1260 pete 19:06 20 Nov 06

Right call me thick all you like but all this megabyte memory cache pentium stuff confuses the hell out of me, basically i want a pc for about 5-6 hundred quid thats quick, will play games and also let me design & print flyers/posters for my new business and still be fast on the net with orange broadband which i already have???? any suggestions please

Diodorus Siculus 19:43 20 Nov 06

The tough part of the question specifies playing games - some people would spend half your budget on a graphics card for gaming.

For a middle of the road system,

click here

Diodorus Siculus 19:48 20 Nov 06

click here for a MEsh option

1260 pete 19:53 20 Nov 06

That looks good but is a little bit too expensive right now when you add postage, the gaming part is the least important, the pc i have now struggles to play any decent games, the main thing is speed and be able to print stuff, i also need a decent printer which does'nt cost a fortune for ink as my z600 seems to and prints fast

tony58 19:56 20 Nov 06

take a look at click here

Diodorus Siculus 19:58 20 Nov 06

click here for Tony58's link

1260 pete 20:14 20 Nov 06

Great link but still does'nt really tell me what i need!!

Probabilitydrive 21:44 20 Nov 06

For all what its worth click here

Consider the following:
1) if I use it for business, and it breaks down-what after sale/repair service do I get?
2) find your own honest answer to Diodorus Siculus advice
3) do I need perhaps a bit more about CPU's graphic-cards, area of primaryuse of my system?

If yes, get yourself informed (nearly every PC magazine runs a PC buying advice column - take advantage of that) and only than make a decision. 5 -6 hundred squids is a good chunk NOT to spend on junk...(well who would have thought that - there is a forum poet in me..;-)

?bob? 09:37 21 Nov 06

If you want a good, fast and efficent printer go with the "Canon Pixma IP1000" it is a great printer. I have 1 myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac