What is this orange agp slot

wobblymike 11:21 17 Aug 05

Went to fit an agp card to my new mobo today to discover that the cut out slot is much further to the right than those cards which go into the traditional brown agp slot. I also noticed for the first time that it is Orange - can anyone enlighten me as to what this slot is and what type of card it will take

ACOLYTE 11:39 17 Aug 05

Maybe telling us what Mobo you have will speed things up lol ))).

Technotiger 11:41 17 Aug 05

Hi, it might help if we know what your mobo is -
make/type?

Cheers.

wobblymike 11:42 17 Aug 05

sorry ECS L7VTA2(2.0)it also states it uses agp x 8 if that helps

ACOLYTE 11:48 17 Aug 05

Well having seen the pic its a colorful mobo,lol
and it should take a standard AGP card as far as i can tell.

Technotiger 11:50 17 Aug 05

Yes, the Orange slot is the AGP slot. The other slots are called PCI slots.

Cheers.

ACOLYTE 11:50 17 Aug 05

The L7VTA2 includes an AGP slot that provides eight times the bandwidth of the original AGP specification. The AGP 3.0 (8xAGP) offers a significant increase in performance along with feature enhancements to AGP2.0. This interface repre-sents the natural evolution from the existing AGP to meet the ever-increasing demands placed on the graphic interfaces within the workstation and desktop environments.

What the manual says.

gudgulf 11:54 17 Aug 05

It's a PCIe (PCI express)slot

click here

ACOLYTE 11:58 17 Aug 05

The manual doesnt say it has PCI express.

gudgulf 12:00 17 Aug 05

Posted that before I'd finished typing.......I'm assuming you have bought a new graphics card too.If that has the cut out to the right hand side it's a PCIe card.

Technotiger 12:03 17 Aug 05

I believe this is your card? - AGP slot (Orange) clearly shown.

click here

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…