what next after xp?

ĀÕL иàťﻍŗ 10:59 24 Apr 03

Hello just curious really....... what next after win xp? i heard something about a system called longhorn, what i am intereted in is there going to be a new op system realesed by microsoft if so when? what time scale are we working with?

anyone any views?

barrie_g 11:09 24 Apr 03

it was originally due for release at the end of 2003 but it has been put back a few times and now the expected release date is end 2004 beginning 2005 click here for one of the better sites about it.

wolfey 13:00 24 Apr 03

I have just received from Microsoft their Beta Suite for 2003 programs. In this 15 CD set there is Windows 2003 server at RC2 stage. Office 2003, Sharepoint 2003 etc are at Beta 2 stage.

The Office suite is due for release in June or so I am informed. To use Office/ Sharepoint to the full you will need 2003 server.

Interesting features inc ability to lock a file so that it cannot be copied or printed. Ability to have a screen display view using a cleartype font - sounds a bit like Acrobat!!

Paranoid Android 13:22 24 Apr 03

xq ?

melevolentgopher 13:44 24 Apr 03

A project codenamed lnoghorn due to be released in late 2004/2005 it is siad to be th next major revamp for windows after that another major release currently codenamed blackcomb wich will pick up were longhorn leave's of.

melevolentgopher 13:44 24 Apr 03

A project codenamed lnoghorn due to be released in late 2004/2005 it is siad to be th next major revamp for windows after that another major release currently codenamed blackcomb wich will pick up were longhorn leave's of.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…