what new printer/scanner is recommended

logrin 15:36 09 Mar 11

My canon printer i865 is dated and I am having difficulty in obtaining the very expensive inks for it.
The ones available don't last very long.

My scanner doesn't work with MS Vista although I have downloaded the recommended drivers and tried repeatedly to make it work..

I have seen new combination printers selling for £50-£70 most with wireless connectivity.

Which one is recommended for ease of use, cost of running and connectivity
logrin

ordep 16:23 09 Mar 11

HP Photosmart Plus (B209a) is recommended. @ £65

amonra 18:52 09 Mar 11

Have just finished installing a Kodak all-in-one printer for a friend, and after that experience I would NOT recommend a Kodak to anyone. Horrible non user-friendly instructions and software.
That's my two pennyworth.

TonyV 19:00 09 Mar 11

In December 2010, because my Epson Photo Stylus R300 would not run as expected in Win7, and Epson could not be bothered to up date their drivers to make it acceptable, I gave it away and bought a HP Photosmart Plus All-in-one B210A Wireless connection.

I have to say it works extremely well and is very fast with Draft mode acceptable for most print jobs. Software was easy to install and everything functions as the designer intended!!

It cost me £79, but in some stores is selling for £149. Look around for the best deals.

TonyV

sidecar sid 20:48 09 Mar 11

Have a look at the Epson stylus SX515W
click here

TechmanJay 11:41 10 Mar 11

I've just been making a review of several best-selling combination (all-in-one) printers - the Brother DCP-J315W is in number one spot, followed closely by the HP Deskjet 1050(but this doesn't have wireless functionality)...

TechmanJay 11:42 10 Mar 11

Yes - I would agree with sidecar sid, the Epson SX515W is pretty good too (in 3rd position in my review!)

robin_x 11:49 10 Mar 11

Whatever you get, do go for wireless.

I bought wired last year (£40 Canon MP250 all-in-one) which is OK but I have to boot the upstairs PC to print from my downstairs laptop (main computer now)

I also refill with supermarket syringe ink kits on this new printer and my old Lexmark all-in-one.

--------
Your Vista driver problems are probably caused by just having a basic driver due to non-availability of a proper one.

That's why I bought my Canon. Lexmark only had drivers to XP and I am now all W7.

Blubottle 13:38 10 Mar 11

I bought a HP Deskjet F4580 multi-purpose
£37 aug 2010 Amazon, pretty good, nice photo reproductions uses HP 300 carts, these can be re-inked by yourself quite easily saving ££'s. works both Win7 & XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…