what network cable

janeme 19:43 01 Apr 07

Hi All,
I know this might sound silly but i have a wireless network set up (all works ok) ive had a look at the network cable & it says cat5 now we have a new addition to the wireless network which the children want to play online games on but it keeps loosing the signal,someone said to hard wire it direct & it can be done as there is a connection for it,but was told no other pc would be able to connect to the internet while the gameing pc was plugged in (which i can live with)
but since looking in the shops ive come across cat6 ? reading on the packet the only difference is that one is called cat6 & has more mhz while cat 5 have less mhz i think this is the term,so what im saying is can i use cat6 or should i stick to cat 5,sorry for all the explaining....Jane

recap 14:10 02 Apr 07

cat6 is expected to suit the 10000BASE-T (10Gigabit Ethernet) standards and provides performance of up to 250 MHz. There are not many technologies that use cat6 at present. There is less probability of errors with cat6 than cat5,the former will also be more immune to external noise.

You could use cat6 as it is backward compatible with cat5.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…