what is the ".NET framework from Microsoft"???

end 23:09 09 Apr 04

a programe i want to look at wants this programe thing on my computer; where can I look to see if I already HAVE it ON here and what exactly IS it and what does it do????

GaT7 23:27 09 Apr 04

Do a scan at the Windows update site click here. After it scans for updates it'll probably offer you .NET framework as one of the recommended updates. You can then download & install it.

GaT7 23:32 09 Apr 04

click here for a direct link to learn more about .NET Framework.

end 23:33 09 Apr 04

just tried that; all iT tells me I need is the " shared password " thing; nothing else.........

Djohn 23:41 09 Apr 04

click here explains a little more on .net framework.

I'm not completely sure of all the ins and outs myself but when I installed "Drive image 7" I had to install .net framework as well. j.

end 23:56 09 Apr 04

so where on my computer can I look to see if I aready HAVE this thing HERE???????

Djohn 00:12 10 Apr 04

Control panel/add/remove programs and if you have it, this is where you will see it. j.

GaT7 00:18 10 Apr 04

If the certain program you're trying to run/install wants .NET & cannot find it, then it either isn't present on your system or has gotten corrupted. I suppose the next best thing to do (as the Win update didn't help) is to manually download & install the .NET software. To download - click here. It is a large download - 23MB so I'd suggest first saving the download to a folder on your PC then clicking on the saved file to install. If you need it in the future you won't have to download it again.

Cesar 09:34 10 Apr 04

You need Net Framework to use Drive Image 7.0 if you use this package it will install it for you.

User-312386 09:39 10 Apr 04

that is correct

end 17:12 10 Apr 04

I WAS actually " looking at" spyclean from Guard IE .IT needs this "thing" apparently, but am wondering WHY now; what is so special ABOUT the .NET thing that it COULD BE needed BY that programme.....I may just stay clear OF it and use what I have here......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…