what is this in nero update ?

impact 13:40 04 Jun 07

Just downloaded updates for my nero software,(not used it for a long time)i did a scan with a2 squared,and it came up with this

Win32.MyWebSearch

it said medium risk,ive done a google on it but was hoping for any first hand knowledge as to what it could be,
thanks in advance.

Stuartli 13:56 04 Jun 07

See:

click here

click here

Nothing on the Symantec website.

impact 19:43 04 Jun 07

sorry got called away,i am not really aware enough as to what i should do,would it be safe to install the update? when i checked it with a2 squared i put it in the quarantine vault and the full download disappeared of the deaktop,i really dont know what i am looking for,i would be very grateful for any advice,thanks.

I am Spartacus 20:29 04 Jun 07

I installed Nero 7 a few months ago. One of the options was to install a 'Search Tool' (which I skipped). It may be that.

impact 20:38 04 Jun 07

thanks very much, i will try it again,funny thing though, the second set of updates didnt show any problems when i checked it,

I am Spartacus 20:40 04 Jun 07

The search tool is called the 'Ask Toolbar' and the default at the EULA Screen is ticked. Choose instead the option 'Install Nero without the Ask Toolbar' instead to stop it loading.

impact 20:47 04 Jun 07

ok i will try that, thanks very much.

impact 20:53 04 Jun 07

Just installed it and the toolbar option was there, so far so good,everything looks fine,i will tick as resolved,and thankyou very much for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…