What is this mysterious connection?

ableddyn 23:30 04 Apr 04

My PC has installed something called DIDI WAN in my Network Connections area. It sits between dial up and LAN connections. I dial up with AOL flat rate. I noticed some initial hesitancy getting online - this is not unuaual - but I think this thing hijacked it.

Can anyone please tell me what this is and what it does? Can I configure my machine not to install
such things without my consent?
Any info much appreciated.
Thank you.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 23:54 04 Apr 04

All i could find click here

dont know how it got there if you didnt put it there

This app tells you whats using your connection,so it may tell you if its online or not

click here

Regards.

tobykim 00:01 05 Apr 04

A friend of mine had this problem and had a huge phone bill so be careful, I think it is a dialler which takes over your dial up connection. I installed ad aware on his computer and it found loads of diallers, if you download it remember to update it before you run it and also if your on XP to switch off system restore, scan and then turn system restore on again

tobykim 00:04 05 Apr 04

Sorry I forgot to tell you also install a programme called spywareblaster this stops things like this downloading onto your machine remember to keep both programmes updated regularly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…