what is this in msconfig

gourdis 15:56 11 Nov 03

what is this?? duprep 0 -k
folks in msconfig, can anyone tell me what the following relates too??
start up item: dumprep 0 -k

command: %systemroot\ -%\ system32\ dumprep 0 -k

is it to do with my soundcard??

cheers

rawprawn 16:18 11 Nov 03

Which part of system configuration is it in ? which tab startup sytem.ini, boot.ini for eg

plsndrs3 16:19 11 Nov 03

Try looking at support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/webcasts/ en/wc021303/ProgrammingforWER.doc for an explanation of dumprep

rawprawn 16:19 11 Nov 03

Sorry can't read properly.

rawprawn 16:26 11 Nov 03

Used in connection with memory dumps - you can disable these by - right clicking on My Computer, selecting Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on the Settings button in 'Startup and Recovery'. In the bottom pane - under 'Write debugging information' - click on the down arrow and then select 'None' - OK your way o

alan 2273 16:27 11 Nov 03

From another posting site My buddy Crazy One sent me this in response to your question regarding dumprep 0 -k

dumprep
Microsoft Dump Reporting Tool. It may be activated on startup by BootVis. You may suspend its running without problems.

The site he got the info from is click here

This here site also should help you with MSCONFIG and hopefully we can solve the problem

gourdis 16:33 11 Nov 03

i'll disable it as i hadn't seen it before, its just appeared as a checked startup a couple of days ago

cheers folks

rawprawn 16:37 11 Nov 03

Follow my second posting to stop it, you can always change that back if you decide to.

Valvegrid 17:46 11 Nov 03

Used in connection with memory dumps - you can disable these by - right clicking on My Computer, selecting Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on the Settings button in 'Startup and Recovery'. In the bottom pane - under 'Write debugging information' - click on the down arrow and then select 'None' - OK your way out.

The above was from this site: click here

gourdis 18:39 11 Nov 03

nice site Valvegris, cheers for all your help folks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…