what motherboard/chip to buy?

nojs 18:57 14 Jan 04

I need some advice about my putter. I have an msi k7n420 pro board with an xp1700 chip, I have just bought a plextor px708a dvd burner and have not got a spare ide socket for it. my board two ide sockets 1 for the h/d and another which is shared between my cdrw and dvd rom, acording to the instructions for the dvd burner it must not be used on a shared cable.
I believe it may time to get a new board and chip using some of my existing components what can you recommend?
I already have :
geoforce fx5200 128mb dvi out
dvd writer,dvd rom,cdrw,floppy
2x 128mb pc2100 ddr dimm ram
atx 350w psu with 20 pin plug
4 port usb 2.0 card

I am also about to replace my harddrive with an 80gb maxtor diamond plus 9 8mb 1 x DMA/ATA-133 (Ultra) Fast Drives - 40 PIN IDC.

Given this info what can you recommend?

Big Elf 19:58 14 Jan 04

Why not remove the CD-RW. The functionality will be provided with the DVD writer. I'm sure other people here can confirm that they have a DVD writer on the same cable as a DVD or CD-ROM.

woodchip 20:06 14 Jan 04

Why Not Get a PCI EIDE promise card it will give you extra EIDE connectore

goonerbill 20:14 14 Jan 04

as Big Elf said remove cd-rw, dvd writer will do cd's or as woodchip said get an internal eide card, both good choices plus no motherboard can have more than 4 items on the ide channels 2 on main and 2 on secondary

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…