What motherboard will a AMD Duron D900 fit it?

de_de 11:46 06 Sep 05

I'm looking for a mini ATX type motherboard and suitable PSU, that will support a AMD Duron D900 AUT1B chip (socket 462 or A).

I know it's a slow chip, but it's all I need, and I dont want to spend to much money.

My current mobo is a Asus A7V-ML Rev 1.07. It is out of a HP Pavillion 7920.

I really want to replace like for like, but cannot find one anywhere. Also cannot find much information on it.

There is a problem with either my mobo or PSU, but an earlier post on here failed to find the answers, so I'm replacing them both.

Thanks

Totally-braindead 12:52 06 Sep 05

Since you seem to be looking for a cheap board have a look here click here then check the motherboard manufacturer just to be sure it will support this processor, mind you having said that I think they would all support a Duron 900 but its better to check.

bruno 13:50 06 Sep 05

I have a Duron 1gb processor running on a PC Chips board in my older computer.Ran it for three years and never a problem.This is socket 462 and socket A.It is M810 MLR.If you go on their website they have the modern version.Mine is not slow,either.
click here

de_de 13:58 06 Sep 05

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but since posting, I've traced the problem to the PSU. It works OK with a much bigger 400W PSU.

No need to buy a motherboard now, but thanks anyway.

de_de 13:58 06 Sep 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac