What Motherboard and Processor do I buy?

JUSZO 21:30 04 Feb 03

I have a presario 5WV296 at present. Have recently purchased a full size tower case from E-Bay. I want to cannibalise my current system...transferring DVD, CDRW, Hard Drive, Sound and Graphics...etc to the new tower. I currently have a AMD Athlon 1Ghz, but I want a faster system...2.4Ghz or so. Can you tell me exactly what motherboard and CPU you guys would recommend? Don't have too much cash, so your advice on which makes are both good and good value too is welcome? Any advice on websites that I should look at? Seems that there are so many types of MOBO and CPU...just want advice on approximate costs, and which 2 go well together please???

woodchip 21:47 04 Feb 03

You need to read some reviews,like on click here

Giggle n' Bits 22:18 04 Feb 03

watch you do not have to upgrade the new M/boards BIOS to cope. Asus A7V333 takes up to 2GHz which is a AMD Athlon XP2200.

grove34 22:24 04 Feb 03

or you could go to a P4 which will take you way past 2.4GHZ.

i prefer amd's , got the xp2100 myself on a MSI KT3 ULTRA 2 board and its fast enough for anything i want to do.

.:º»[RjA]«º:. 22:31 04 Feb 03

2 ghz is the xp 2400 - i have that cpu. with the msi kt4 ultra sr - an ace combo with the ti4200.

I quake 3 arena the fps neverdrops below 140 even on full severs (with details all maxed out and dynamic shadows.

pj123 22:59 04 Feb 03

as you already have the case why not look here and then give them a ring. Go to click here and click on bundles. although their bundles come complete with a case I would think they would be willing to sell a motherboard and processor on its own

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…