What motherboard to buy I think mine is dead

microman 13:13 18 Feb 05

Hi all
My board seems to be dead.I have tried just conecting the power supply - board - sytem speaker & chip but it dosn't even beep to ask for the ram ,I have then added the ram so it should beep to ask for the graph card but it does nothing.I have tried my chip & graph card in another pc and they are ok.Can anyone surgest a good replacement board or should I just buy the same one.I will be fitting my P4 3.4 478 pin & g-force fx5700 graph card to it + 2 x 512 ddr pc3200 ram to it,I hope this is enough info for you all.Please some help as I have tried to ask this question all week to no replys.Thanks

Satmansq 13:40 18 Feb 05

Before you scrap the mobo, are you sure that power is reaching the board? PSU fan may be working but that does not mean that power is getting through.

microman 13:50 18 Feb 05

The board light is on

tws750 13:51 18 Feb 05

I just bought an ASrock.(ASUS) All singin' all dancin' does everything except on board graphics (some do) but as you have a card, no problem.I got the latest model SATA, raid etc etc for a P4. Grand total £37!! So if i blow it...who cares, i'll get another one! Not the attitude perhaps, but you get the drift......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…