What monitor driver should I use?

Totally-braindead 17:31 06 Jan 05

Today I just received a Hanton L-1715 TFT monitor from click here £152.69 seems to excellent with no dead pixels. Now my previous monitor was an old Trust one with no XP driver therefore I used the plug and play monitor setting. Now this one has come without a driver disk, checked the manufacturers website and theres no driver mentioned for this monitor, the computers kept the plug and play driver setting and it looks ok but I'm not sure if thats right. Anyone any ideas as to what driver I should be using or should I just leave it as it is? Thanks in advance.

john-232317 17:38 06 Jan 05

Leave it to XP, should be ok

Rayuk 18:26 06 Jan 05

These I beleive are Digimate tfts if you check their website they dont have drivers for them so as dadyassa says lewave it to WinXP
click here

Rayuk 18:27 06 Jan 05

Only other little thing is have you set it to use Clear Type

Totally-braindead 19:05 06 Jan 05

Don't know what you mean about clear type, I've never heard of it, my monitor isn't a digimate its a hanton click here

Rayuk 19:32 06 Jan 05

The Digimate and the Hanton are the same tfts just under a different brand name,only linked to it re the driver issue.

If you right click your desktop/Display Properties click on Appearance tab then Effects box in the second drop down box does it say Standard or Clear type??
If Standard change to Clear type

Just have a look at the text say in this thread with it on and of see which you think is best

Totally-braindead 20:16 06 Jan 05

Thanks for that Rayuk, just tried it and its giving me a headache, away to adjust the brightness/contrast. Useful to know anyway.

User-312386 20:21 06 Jan 05

click here for the M$ clear type font

freaky 21:22 06 Jan 05

Buy madboy33 5 pints of the best!!!

Best bit of advice I have heard for a long time, tried it on my new TFT Monitor and the improvement is dramatic.
Have now downloaded the Power Toys Tool to experiment further.

This computer has a CRT, so did not notice much difference. Pity Microsoft don't make these tweaks widely known. How did you come by this little gem madboy33?

User-312386 23:20 06 Jan 05

I was a beta tester for XPSP2 and read about it when testing, so thought i would give it a go. I have a CRT monitor and did not like it, however, it is supposed to give a clearer definition on TFT's

Totally-braindead 18:05 07 Jan 05

Just to resolve this, spoke to the suppliers today and there is no driver for the monitor, you're just meant to let windows pick the monitor driver. Must say I'm very happy with it too. A 17" TFT with 14ms response time for £152 and theres no dead pixels. Lovely.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…