what model is my pc?

sgetty 09:15 18 Oct 06

I`m helping a friend out here. All i know about his pc is: packard bell imedia not sure which model, amd athlon xp 1600+ 1-40ghz. his pc only has 256mb ram. he wishes to make it more. as much as he can really for gaming and the like but we are unsure which ram is needed, can you guide us please thanks

mgmcc 09:23 18 Oct 06

Go to the Crucial or Kingston website and use their online wizard to track down the correct memory to use.

Kingston - click here

Crucial - click here

rawprawn 09:29 18 Oct 06

click here Belarc Advisor will give you the name and model, Packard Bell web site should give you advice on RAM

moorie 09:32 18 Oct 06

this is the email i got back from crucial it may take you on a step as the memory scanner tool is not 100% all the time. Detail the information they requested from me and email their support team

Thank you for your enquiry.

I was unable to find out what type of memory your system takes from the information provided. So I would advise you to run the system scanner detailed below and return us the text report.

Please also advise if your system is a laptop or a desk top.

To easily gather information about your system, view system speeds and individual memory module details we recommend CPU-Z. CPU-Z is free to download, easy to use and can help you find out the following information about your system;

1. Processor name and vendor
2. Core stepping and process
3. Processor current core voltage Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier
4 .Partial over clock detection
5. Processor features, including supported instructions sets L1 to L3 cache information: location, size, speed, technology
6. Motherboard information: name, vendor, BIOS, chipset, memory, AGP
7. Memory information: size, type, timings, specifications

To use, download the latest version, extract all files from the zip to your hard drive and run the file cpuz.exe.

CPU-Z can be downloaded from here; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…