What memory

FRANNY 23:37 19 Jun 05

I am currently building a computer,it is a Athalon35000 pci express,sata drive,939, etc.The only thing left to buy is memmory,i cannot afford the memmory at the moment, unless i buy cheap stuff,what i want to know is will i ruin my spec by buying cheap memmory.Is there an optimum rate size etc,that will complement the rest of my spec,or will it not matter too much.Thanks for any advise.

BeForU 00:49 20 Jun 05

If you are building a Gaming PC, buy from decent Hardcore Gamer's brands like CORSAIR, OCZ. KINGSTON, GEIL as they all have good selections. Usually they average of prices from around £50-100+.

For normal stable, but still of decent brand, the likes of CRUCIAL or SAMSUNG. SAMSUNG being my personal favourite of all since they happen be the best in memory making. With low prices right now, 512MB would at least be around £25 average.

I would highly suggest that when you do get good RAM, at least 1GB of RAM is highly recommended. Go for DDR3200 i.e. 400Mhz speeds as standard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…