What is Lux ?

JACC 21:16 15 Aug 04

Just back from hols and when there in Tenerife i went into or was dragged into ( i can't remember now ) a camera shop . While there i spotted a Sony 4.1mp camera 3x zoom the works all for 120 Euros .A bargain i thought and it was, if only that was the camera they ( salesmen ) wanted me to buy . We had to go over to his brothers shop ( cos he was the brains on cameras) and then the sh*t started . Out came a Fuji camera and he started telling me about this one not the Sony .No matter how i tried he would not sell me the Sony but said i should take the Fuji .The Fuji was a good camera but the more he tried to sell it to me the the more i wanted the Sony.So after 30 mins (waiting for the box of the Sony to arrive from the other shop)the speil just went on and on.One thing he did mention was Lux can someone please tell me what this is or was it more sh*t from somone who was full of it.In the end i left without the Sony( no box, ahem )but i went to the shop the next night just to annoy the bloke and he tried to sell the Sony for 220 Euros,100 more than the night before , an expensive box eh .

stalion 21:28 15 Aug 04

lux is a equivalant to a candle light measurement of light or rather the lack of it.
the better the lux specification the better the video quality in low light

smokingbeagle 21:42 15 Aug 04

:-) Measure of light as above.

stalion 21:45 15 Aug 04

hope you did not get in a lather lol

JACC 21:55 15 Aug 04

smokingbeagle, i think soap was next on his list of sales patter .stalion , i must admit i was getting a bit frothy around the mouth by the time i got out of his shop .So what is a good setting for Lux in a digital camera, he was on about 0-5 being good and 5+ just ok .

JACC 21:55 15 Aug 04

smokingbeagle, i think soap was next on his list of sales patter .stalion , i must admit i was getting a bit frothy around the mouth by the time i got out of his shop .So what is a good setting for Lux in a digital camera, he was on about 0-5 being good and 5+ just ok .

stalion 22:08 15 Aug 04

yes sounds about right.They sell these on all the canary islands, apparently one guy owns all the shops

sattman 22:11 15 Aug 04
  JACC 22:16 15 Aug 04

Cheers sattman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…