what linux version should i use

stephen0205 14:25 19 Feb 07

hi there i `would like to switch to linux, but i would like to know if there is one that windows software is compatable in like nero and winavi for encoding and burning stuff, also whats the latest mod veriosn, like fedora and ubuntu,

biohazardcore 14:42 19 Feb 07

Ubuntu is the best to get going with, Nero? who needs nero when you have K3B! thats the clone of nero for linux and I believe there is FFMPEG for encoding under linux so thats all fine!

i use those two and they are faultless!

if you still would like to use windows apps then ubuntu has wine preinstalled so a simple command of:

wine program.exe fires it up lovely

games? well theres loads of loki installers to help you out there.

and everything you want can be found in synaptec package manager, or by using apt-get in the terminal.

have fun!

biohazardcore 14:42 19 Feb 07

forgot to mention latest ubuntu is Edgy Eft 6.10

im using it rigfht now posting this very comment.

iambeavis 15:52 19 Feb 07

"who needs nero when you have K3B!". I agree wholeheartedly - it's a fantastic app... better than Nero.

biohazardcore 16:09 19 Feb 07

yeh definately, never had problems with K3B, it even checksums your images files to see if they are correct Automatically. MD5 checksum! wicked!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…