what is "/L:ENG" in my start up file?

chelseafan 19:11 10 Oct 05

I ran msconfig to see if i could identify items that were running on start-up of my pc. One of the start-up items is a file by the name of /L:ENG Has anyone any idea what this is and can it be stopped? Also on the same list is a process with no name at all. ???

VoG II 19:12 10 Oct 05
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:14 10 Oct 05

Related to the Dell OEM version of the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card. If this item is listed and checked in startup, the System32 Folder will appear on every startup

chelseafan 19:35 10 Oct 05

Thanks for the quick replies guys. The system32 folder was appearing on every startup until i recently ran a process on this forum somewhere that stopped it.
Any idea what the blank item is on the list?

Chegs ® 19:53 10 Oct 05

Uncheck it,see whats missing from systray next boot.Do you have extra PCI cards(My TV card puts an :/ in startup,that I had to disable to find what had put it in there)

chelseafan 22:51 10 Oct 05

Thanks again. I'm not that good technically and not confident with messing around with settings (had too many disaters). i'll read-up a bit more on configuring the start-up options and give these ideas a go and come back if necessary. In answer to Chegs - yes I do have extra PCI cards. i installed a Hauppage Digital TV card (if that's what you mean) some months ago.
By the way - apologies if my user name P's a few people off. I was in there before the big bucks came along.

kristobell 17:19 12 Oct 05

thanks, have tried "mscconfig - startup tab - uncheck /l:eng - apply, close, restart" but this takes me back to where i began.
a message appears after restarting;
"you have used the system config utility to make changes to the way windows starts. the SCU is currently in diagnostic or selective startup mode causing this message to be displayed and the utility to run every time windows starts. choose the normal startup mode on the general tab to start windows normally and also undo the changes you have made"

woodchip 17:21 12 Oct 05

You can put the tick back just a easy as you remove it

VoG II 17:35 12 Oct 05

When that dire warning appears, just tick the box to not display this message again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…