What is an LDB file ?

armand 09:29 10 Jun 03

Any offers ? I found it in windows/internet logs. Not sure what it is and it won't defrag and windows can't open it.

powerless 09:36 10 Jun 03

click here

Temp file? Try and delete it but leave it in the bin any problems restore it.

-pops- 10:02 10 Jun 03

Grafic FLI file or Life Balance User Data (Llamagraphics Inc)

armand 10:04 10 Jun 03

is this good or bad.....?

armand 10:05 10 Jun 03

that's what i thought as well.
thanks

Sir Radfordin™ 10:05 10 Jun 03

As Powerless' link says, its a lock database file. It is created when you open an Access Database to prevent anyone else from accessing it. Sometimes (if computer hangs) the file doesn't get removed when the database shuts.

You should be safe to delete it.

armand 10:07 10 Jun 03

thank you.

-pops- 11:25 10 Jun 03

click here - up to you to decide the goodness (or otherwise);-))

Can't find a link to Grafic.

BTW I got my info from click here (same as Powerless)

Brian

woodchip 11:51 10 Jun 03

What Is An LDB File ?

Whenever you open an Access database, a file with the same name as the database and an extension of LDB will be opened automatically. For example if you open Northwind.mdb in the samples directory of your Access/Office installation, a file called Northwind.ldb will be generated. This new file keeps track of users and the objects that require some form of locking in the database. When all users have exited gracefully from the database, the LDB file is closed down and deleted.

Associating The LDB File With The Workbench

As The Workbench will show you who is using an Access database, it makes sense to view the LDB file with The Workbench. In most cases, your computer will not associate any software with the LDB file. Not withstanding this, the LDB has an Access like bitmap image which infers association with MS Access.

Figures 1 and 2 and 3 show how you can view the LDB file easily with The Workbench

Figure 1

Step 1 - Open any MDB file. Now Right Click On Any LDB file and Choose Open With (Windows XP example)

Figure 2

Step 2 - Select a program from a list (Windows XP example)

Figure 3

Step 3 - Choose Browse and select Workbench.exe which will probably be in the C:\program files\workbench directory.

Step 4 - Everytime you see an LDB file, you can open the file and The Workbench will show all users in the database at the moment. If you like this way of looking at an LDB file, check the Always use the selected program box shown in Figure 3 and it will open The Workbench automatically when you click on an LDB file.

Notes: Nothing The Workbench will do will effect the LDB file itself. It uses Microsoft software to read the contents of the file and these do not allow modification of the file itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…