What laptops better ?

Shutt1e 21:34 26 Jul 06

Looking for a new laptop due to refund on old one what is beeter out of these two

click here
click here

Thx

goonerbill © ® 22:01 26 Jul 06

everything is better on the acer double the mem, hhd size and slightly larger screen but cpu is marginally slow but will probably not notice it, especially with 512mb ram.

acer wins

Shutt1e 23:01 26 Jul 06

ok kl thx so go for da one with the double meory and all dat ok thx

YAMA 01:30 27 Jul 06

looks like a the moment you could do no worse than go for a dell, less than 400 quid for a fast and enough h/d

sean-278262 02:11 27 Jul 06

Personally got an acer myself and have to admit it has been a pleasure to own. Option A would be better, even with a slower processor the extra ram bringing you to 512 the recommended specs for windows xp means that you will get more from it than a faster processor and half that amount of ram. Do remember however the travel mate range are acers business laptops look at the aspire range (their home range of laptops) also will give laptops direct a big thumbs up as mine came from them and was 60quid cheaper than ebuyer offered the same unit for and I was able to collect it and test it in the shop and seak advice on it.

If you want suggestions give us a budget and we will happily suggest systems to you. I guess 400quid is yours or there abouts and you are not expecting gaming power but staples has a decent enough range on offer and they had an IBM t50e iirc for 399 on a few months ago which was a steal at the time and it works great, my sister has one and loves it. Add to that IBMs are more valued when it comes to reselling them as they are a trusted and respected brand so do consider what you will do when you upgrade as like buying a car it may prove worth it to get something different purely based upon what your return will be from it.

Shutt1e 11:30 27 Jul 06

ive heard that the ati x200 is the best interrated graphics chip for my price range but i cant find any good laptops for 400 with 1 in any help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…