What laptop should I get?

RONbhaskaran 14:59 02 Mar 14

I'll be getting a laptop soon for my birthday, but I'm not so sure which to get. My budget is around $500-$750. I would be using my laptop mostly for casual use (e.g. social networks, TV shows), maybe get into PC gaming and study use. I'd prefer a moderate resolution screen, about 5 hours of battery life and an i5 processor. I was thinking of the Lenovo IdeaPad Z400 No-Touch, but heard from a friend that Lenovo laptops lag A LOT.

RONbhaskaran 01:00 03 Mar 14

Now I'm thinking of the Lenovo Ideapad Z410.

chub_tor 10:56 04 Mar 14

Assuming that you are in the USA as you price in dollars then how about this from Newegg

RONbhaskaran 14:20 04 Mar 14

I don't really want a gaming laptop. It will mostly be used casually and study. I'll definitely play games like LoL, but most probably not BioShock Infinite, etc.

jamesright 19:33 04 Mar 14

These days Google Chrome is good option for browsing, watching youtube or movies, and light gaming. This book is light weight and prices is amazing. If you are looking for better performance PC, (depending what you want to do with it) I will suggest go for SONY books. They are reliable, good resolution, user friendly and helpful pre installed softwares. I personally have used many laptops including, dell, acer, hp and mac but I came back to SONY due to its reliability. Check Sony VAIO Fit 11A / 13A / 14A / 15A. Thanks

john bunyan 20:14 04 Mar 14

"but I came back to SONY due to its reliability."

Reliable, maybe but what about this:

Sony to stop making PC's

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…