What laptop to buy

thicasabrick 12:07 07 Oct 09

Hi all, I'm just about to buy a laptop for my son. He will be using it to do a bit of course work, surfing the web, and probably playing some of the latest games. My budjet is £300- £400. Anyone any ideas on which one to get him, and if so were to get it.
Thanks.

chub_tor 12:37 07 Oct 09

In that price range you will not get a laptop that will play the latest games, you will however find plenty that will be OK for coursework and for surfing the net.

Check with your son the importance of portability as some of the larger screen machines are heavy and more suitable for replacement desktop use. There are some laptops that are small, with long battery life and great to use on the move.

Personally I like Toshiba and this website click here will allow you to put in various parameters to guide you on the most suitable laptop from the Toshiba range.

Once you have got your new laptop the free Open Office package click here is seen by many as a good alternative for coursework rather than the more expensive Microsoft Office.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…