what kind of camcorder is best these days

the old man 22:45 19 Mar 07

There seem so many different formats to choose from, could anyone give me some advice on the best to get. There are mini-dv, dvdrw, hdd and so on.
I know it may come down to personal taste, for want of a better expression but I am looking for a techie answer.

woodchip 22:47 19 Mar 07

Mine is a Digtal JVC mini tape, will still take some beating as it's it not a problem using it with software to edit and burn to DVD. Plus good Video

Woolwell 22:54 19 Mar 07

I have a mini-dv and my son has dvdrw. Mine is easy to download and edit on a PC. His is harder to download and not all editing software is compatible with the VR format as I found out to my cost.

skidzy 23:01 19 Mar 07

Definately go with the Mini-DV,i use mine on the pc and the stanalone dvd recorder with no problems at all.

I picked up a bargain a couple of years ago from Dixons , Samsung mini-dv with leather bag and tapes/firewire cable all for £220 (priced wrong) after a little debate i got it for the price listed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…