What just happened to my pc?

cdb 18:00 15 Jan 03
  cdb 18:00 15 Jan 03

I turned on my pc just now and all seemed fine. Then I logged into my windows xp user account, it was abit sluggish. I opened MSN explorer and the screen went black and came up power saver mode. I couldn't get any response from my pc, so I had to hold the start button in until it turned off, so I could restart my pc. When it came back on, chkdsk ran and did it's stuff. Found a few errors and changed some id to a default id. Kept saying something about $130, think it was a file or something. Any guesses as to what happened?

spankmonkey 18:16 15 Jan 03

sounds scary
might be a VIRUS
have u got a virus protection software on your PC

cdb 18:21 15 Jan 03

and it's up todate. Don't scare me like that. :O

€dstow 18:42 15 Jan 03

I can't see that a "legitimate" computer error should mention $130. Is that the price to put it right?;-)

No, I would do an online virus scan click here

€d

cdb 21:06 15 Jan 03

Just got my digital photo back from the developers. The screen said "chkdsk is veryifying files (stage 1 of 3) blah corrupt attribute blah blah deleting orphan file record segment 66784, correcting error in index $130 for files 23082 and a couple of other bits. sorry, too lazy to type the whole screen in.

DieSse 21:11 15 Jan 03

I would run a thorough test of the Hard Drive for a starters.

Corruption on a hard drive is not a nice thing - whether hardware or software caused.

cdb 21:15 15 Jan 03

Isn't that what chkdsk just did?

Gaz 25 21:22 15 Jan 03

No chckdsk just checks for errors not viruses.

Gaz 25 21:23 15 Jan 03

No chckdsk just checks for errors not viruses.

PhilipH 21:30 15 Jan 03

Type eventvwr.msc in the run box and check the event viewer for any odvious causes, to run a thorough chkdsk type chkdsk c: /r this checks data files and runs a surface scan as well as the normal scans.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now