//some 3rd party need geo

What is Java and how to get it

Dorsai 19:30 03 Aug 04

I may be a sad one, but i have been trying for the last few days to play the 'Settlers IV' on line. I have got fed up playing a predictable PC opponent.

I have registered with the Blue Byle Gaminbg Channed (BBGC) and can log onto it, but if i actually hit the 'Play' link, just get

"This page includes a java applet checking if our lobby software is installed on your computer.
If neither lobby or download page starts, your browser doesn´t support java.

In this case follow this link to download the lobby software."

I follow the link, install and run the download, and get the same again. I am assuming i have a setting somewhere preventing this from working. but cant for the life of me find it, and am not really sure i would know it if i found it anyway.

Any of you Know what i am doing wrong?

AubreyS 19:31 03 Aug 04
  VoG II 19:32 03 Aug 04

Try downloading Java from click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:34 03 Aug 04

when installed scan for spyware, this is why microsft are not including java with IE6

Dorsai 19:37 03 Aug 04

I always run various Anti Mal on a regular basis. Adaware, spybot, A2, etc. AV prog up and running, kept updated, etc.

Dorsai 19:40 03 Aug 04

but what is it?

VoG II 19:43 03 Aug 04
  Dorsai 19:48 03 Aug 04

If i read that right, and it was a quick scan, it is some form of sortware that will work on any PC. Is it particulaly bad when it comes to malware? Is there any way of only letting it run on 'trusted sites'only? I am now, as they say, out of my depth.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…