What is it with me and movie-making software?

Mr. Chips 19:14 14 Dec 06

I have tried various packages:
Adobe Pinnacle set up DVD’s with sound out of synch, and no-one could give me any clues as to why.
Ulead 10 Pro produces DVD’s with erratic movement.
Nero Premium 7 isn’t really up to the job, as it also has erratic movement of the recorded DVD.
Windows movie maker will only write to CD’s and it doesn’t even do this as it ‘collapses’ after 60% saying that there are 16883317 minutes remaining and inviting me to send an error report to Microsoft!
Is there any half-decent software out there?
I have a dual-core Pentium running at 2.8 gigs each. Two large SATA hard drives, A fast video card, 2 gig of memory and an up-market Pioneer DVD writer.
Any ideas please?

zemdarin 19:56 14 Dec 06

Hi Mr Chips

I have Ulead 10 and Pinnacle Studio 8 but with the latest update. 8-12-7 I also find Ulead makes great joggy film, in otherwords (c--p) My Pinnacle Studio 8 makes fantastic film. The speach is in the right place and I never have any crashes. I do keep all my fim making on my second hard drive which has 120 GB. You must also make sure you have dedicated folders in Pinnacle for the images and Auxiliary files and stick to them always.

johndrew 20:13 14 Dec 06

I had problems until I went for Pinnacle Studio 9. Initially I had some problems which were mainly down to the way I expected it to work, but now I have only praise for the software. I think there used to be a trial version but I can`t find it now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…