what is an invisible keylogger?

mpez 15:29 25 Oct 04

hi everyone

I have spyware doctor,sypware blaster,ad-aware, and registry medic which i run frequently. Just lately my spyware doctor keeps finding an invisible keylogger, which i remove everytime but keeps coming back. Could anyone give me some info on this and any advice on what to do?

Many thanks
Mandy

Jackcoms 15:43 25 Oct 04

An invisible keylogger is malware which attempts to record your keystrokes and send the details 'home'.

For example it may be able to log the keystrokes you use for your PIN and password at your online banking site/s and them send these details back to The author of the keylogger. S/he can then replicate these strokes to get into your online bank account.

Suggest that you turn off System Restore, update all of your AV and malware scanners and then run full scans. Don't forget to turn Sys Restore back on when you've finished.

By disabling Sys Restore your scanners should find any 'nasties' caught in memory between Restore Points.

sat481 15:43 25 Oct 04

A keylogger is a spy ware program that records what ever u type and sends it to someone else. A very dangerous piece off software especially if you use online banking etc...

Try turning off System Restore before you remove it, this might stop it re-appearing. To do this right click on my computer, select properties and then in the System Restore tab tick the turn off system restore box. Remove the keylogger, restart the computer and remember to turn System restore back on.

Hope this helps

Sat

Jackcoms 15:46 25 Oct 04

You should also doiwnload, install and update click here click here

Jackcoms 15:47 25 Oct 04

sat481

SNAP!!

mpez 16:52 25 Oct 04

thanks guys for your info, downloaded a2 turned off system restore ran it, found loads of stuff what the others didn't. Til next time thanks again.

mandy

Jackcoms 17:00 25 Oct 04

mpez

Run ALL your scanners with Sys Restore turned off.

Turn Sys Restore back on.

Install Spybot as well. You'll find that it's recommended as a 'must have' scanner in these Forums all of the time.

mpez 17:09 25 Oct 04

hi jackcoms,

i had spybot SD but uninstalled it. and left it in my recycle bin for now, i will restore it again though.

thanks for all your help

mandy

Jackcoms 20:22 25 Oct 04

Make sure you have the latest version (1.3) of Spybot.

lucky1 20:54 25 Oct 04

............and regularly run Stinger to be on the safe side.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…