what improvements will adding memory give

Fayboy Slim 00:41 22 Sep 03

I use my computer mainly for the internet and scanning, my computer is running Windows XP, Intel Celeron 2.2 GHz 256MB PC2100 DDR 80GB Hard drive i am thinking of upgrading my memory till 512 MB would i see any improvements in speed or any other improvements.

DieSse 00:46 22 Sep 03

You won't se any significant differences until you run several tasks at once, or start handling largish images, or several images at once.

Even then the differences, whilst they may be notceable, will not be huge.

Djohn 00:47 22 Sep 03

Yes you will notice an improvement with XP by adding more memory. 512mb or more is required to get the best from XP, less accessing of your hard drive will speed up applications. j.

Djohn 00:51 22 Sep 03

Sorry to have given a conflicting answer to your question. I posted before seeing the reply from DieSse.

I have always been under the impression that XP requires 512mb or more, but suggest you listen to the advise from DieSse. Regards. j.

DieSse 00:55 22 Sep 03

I've run my (XP Pro, P4 2.4GHz)system at various times with 256Mb and 521Mb. To be honest, it's almost impossible to tell the difference with everyday tasks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…