What if....

Bike-it 15:09 06 May 06

I am thinking of using Firefox web browser and ditching IE but what if i dont like Firefox is it easy to go back and start using IE again.

Ade_1 15:15 06 May 06

IE will stay on your computer even with Firefox installed on your computer. You wont lose anything.

beynac 15:16 06 May 06

You can have both on your system at the same time. You don't need to "ditch" IE, just use Firefox instead. If you don't like it then just go back to using IE.

Forum Editor 15:17 06 May 06

but if you take my advice you'll avoid letting FireFox set itself as the default browser. Keep IE as the default until/unless you decide to stay with FireFox.

Otherwise, just start using FireFox, it's as simple as that really.

ade.h 16:22 06 May 06

If you set Firefox up correctly and/or to your liking, and try a few of the more essential extensions, you won't go back to the dog's dinner that Internet Explorer. MS can and should do much better.

Diodorus Siculus 18:37 06 May 06

[quote]MS can and should do much better[/quote]

Yes and it's in beta at the moment! ;-) I like IE7 but think I'll stay with FF.

Forum Editor 18:54 06 May 06

if we all stuck to answering the question, instead of exhibiting our personal bias towards, or against a specific browser.

ade.h 19:21 06 May 06

He said "what if I don't like it...."

I am simply suggesting that he is quite likely to find it a significant improvement and will not bother using IE again.

What's wrong with saying that??

martytoon 17:22 08 May 06

I've been using Firefox and Thunderbird (Outlook equivalent) for a good while now and must say have been really impressed by the quality of this free software. However, as others have stated if you don't like it, its just a case of uninstalling and reverting back to IE.

The only "problem" I've had is with the Windows Update website. This appears to require the use of IE so I've kept IE on my PC but only use it for accessing that site.

ade.h 18:29 08 May 06

Yes, Win Update does require IE. So much so that even Opera - when set to identify itself as IE - will not fool it. There is a tweak that allows access from Firefox, but it's unreliable and frankly totally unnecessary.

Bike-it 18:37 08 May 06

Cheers Folks, i have downloaded both firefox and thunderbird and i must say i am impressed, but when ever i use thunderbird it repeatitly asks me for my isp password and after about five tries it tells me that i am enterimg an invalid user name or password, i know the password i am entering is correct any suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…